Working with the Options Wellbeing Community means you too can help us to make a positive difference in people’s lives across Southampton, Bournemouth, Hampshire and Dorset.
Options Wellbeing is a registered charity that provides counselling, therapy and wellbeing support for adults who need support for any number of issues, from life-changing decisions to the smallest, seemingly insignificant aspects of everyday life.
View all our current job opportunities below to find out more and join us!
Couples Therapist / Relationship Therapist
Would you like to be part of our friendly and supportive community at Options Wellbeing, providing a professional and effective couples and relationship therapy service?
If you are a qualified, experienced psychotherapist or counsellor, experienced in working with couples, or are a qualified counsellor training to work with couples and meet the criteria outlined below, we would love to hear from you.
Join Our Team
Options Wellbeing Trust is a long established registered charity with over 50 years of experience offering a range of professional and affordable therapeutic support, counselling training and development services to people across Southampton, Hampshire and Dorset.
From supporting people to explore ways of recognising what is negatively impacting their life and to find ways of addressing and improving their wellbeing, to delivering workshops on a number of life issues including anxiety, stress management, relaxation, recovery planning, and educational awareness groups on a range of topics such as gambling and drinking. Options Wellbeing is proud to support people in local communities, making a difference to their lives, leading to a brighter future.
Are you based in Southampton or Bournemouth and have experience working with couples? If so, we would love to hear from you. As part of our Options Wellbeing Associate Community, you would benefit from being part of a supportive therapeutic team that gives local communities access to affordable counselling, with free clinical supervision, managed marketing and allocation of clients, serviced reception and regular discounted CPD events. Contact our friendly team today on the details below to find out more – we would love to hear from you.
The roles that Options Wellbeing are currently looking to fill are on a self-employed basis, and those that join the charity will be able to take advantage of a whole host of benefits by becoming an associate.
Benefits of working with us
- We can provide you with a full caseload of clients.
- You can utilise the free high quality clinical supervision we provide.
- We provide you with helpful, friendly administrative support.
- We provide clinical advice and support when needed.
- We provide opportunities for you to connect with other therapists within the team, e.g. via regular team meetings, discounted training events and team get-togethers.
- We provide professional, comfortable rooms in Southampton and Bournemouth, for you and your clients for free.
- Option to work partly online is also possible.
- We provide an induction for working with our service, so you feel supported and comfortable before you start seeing clients.
- We are friendly and supportive and want you to enjoy your time working with us.
Flexible Hours to Suit Your Schedule
You can choose hours that will work best for you, from a range of availability including: morning/lunch, late afternoon and/or evening. You will be required to offer a minimum of 4 client hours per week, which would include at least one evening slot from 5pm to 8pm (last appointment) preferably in-person but online may be possible. Flexibility on times and hours may be considered.
- You must be a fully qualified psychotherapist or counsellor (minimum Level 4 Diploma).
- Experience working with couples or training to become a couples counsellor alongside your existing qualification.
- You must hold a membership with a professional body such as BACP, UKCP, NCPS.
- Experience working with a wide range of clinical, relationship and couples issues.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com